Oh my, has it really been more than two months since I posted on this blog? Yikes, I believe it has! Bad Nimmie.
I have tried some new recipes in the past couple months, but have been too distracted by other things to write about it.
Anyway, this photo above is the breakfast I made for my mom this morning. She has to work today. She’s a pharmacist at a hospital, and people need their meds on Mother’s Day too! I got up at 7:30am so I could make fresh waffles from scratch. Here is a previous blog post with the recipe. They were delicious! I had one and a half and so did my mom. :)
My little brother Avi made her a lovely card and framed drawing (below), which was wrapped beautifully by his teachers at school.
I wish my gift had been as thoughtful, but alas it was a gift card to Ann Taylor. That is her favorite store though. I did better last year, I found this really awesome dress from French Connection that was on sale at Macy’s. Oh well, now I better get something really good for her birthday this August!
Since it’s Mother’s Day, I thought I’d share a few things I love about my mom…
1. She makes everything more fun.
2. She cooks amazing, delicious, healthy food.
3. She is ambitious and never gives up. She went to pharmacy school when I was in high school, and now she loves her career!
4. She always gives me and my brother Avi good advice. (We try to listen to it AND follow it. :))
5. She motivates me to be the best me that I possibly can!
Happy Mother’s Day everyone! :)